Alexander Street Music Online
Music Online is the broadest and most comprehensive online music resource that cross-searches all of your library's Alexander Street Press music databases. From the main page, select Menu -> My Collections to view individual Alexander Street subscriptions, or use these links:
- Audio Drama: The L.A. Theater Works Collection
- Delivers more than three hundred important dramatic works in streaming audio from the curated archive of the nation’s premiere radio theatre company.
- American Music
- A history database that allows people to hear and feel the music from America's past. The database includes songs by and about American Indians, miners, immigrants, slaves, children, pioneers, and cowboys. Included in the database are the songs of Civil Rights, political campaigns, Prohibition, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, anti-war protests, and more.
- Classical Music Library
- Music Online: Classical Music Library is the largest and most comprehensive collection of streaming classical music available online — with thousands of composers, ensembles, albums, and genres.. It includes all major genres and time periods from medieval to contemporary, from choral works to symphonies, operas, and the avant-garde
- Classical Scores Library, Volumes I-IV
- A series of four volumes with a mission to provide a reliable and authoritative source for scores of the classical canon, as well as a resource for the discovery of lesser-known contemporary works. The collections encompass all major classical musical genres and time periods from the Middle Ages to the 21st century. With full, study, piano, and vocal scores, this comprehensive collection will enhance the study of music history, performance, composition, and theory for a variety of scholars.
- Contemporary Music Library
- Delivers the sounds of music from across the world. The database contains important genres such as reggae, worldbeat, neo-traditional, world fusion, Balkanic jazz, African film, Bollywood, Arab swing and jazz, and other genres such as traditional music, Indian classical, fado, flamenco, klezmer, zydeco, gospel, gagaku, and more.
- Jazz Music Library
- The largest and most comprehensive collection of streaming jazz available online, with thousands of jazz artists, ensembles, albums, and genres.
- Music Online: Listening collection
- A multidisciplinary collection of audiovisual content, Music Online: Listening allows students and researchers alike to analyze unique and valuable content from over 500 producers and distributors around the world.
- Popular Music Library
- Contains a wide range of popular music from around the world, including hundreds of thousands of tracks from major genres in pop music, including alternative, country, Christian, electronic, hip-hop, metal, punk, new age, R&B, reggae, rock, film soundtracks, and many more.
- Smithsonian Global Sound for Libraries
- A virtual encyclopedia of the world's musical and aural traditions. The collection provides educators, students, and interested listeners with an unprecedented variety of online resources that support the creation, continuity, and preservation of diverse musical forms.
Films on Demand is a web-based video delivery service that allows users the ability to view thousands of streaming educational videos and film clips. Special features allow users the ability to organize and bookmark clips, create and share playlists, and create personalized folders.
A rare and exclusive selection of concerts, operas, ballets, documentaries and master classes. Exclusive events streamed live, available afterwards on replay.
An online music library which includes the complete Naxos, Marco Polo, and Dacapo catalogues of over 85,000 tracks, including Classical music, Jazz, Blues, World, Folk, and Chinese music. While listening you can create playlists and read notes on the works being played as well as biographical information on composers or artists in Naxos's extensive database.