Skip to Main Content
1. Types of Resources
2. Search Strategies
G.R. Little Libary has access to thousands of eBooks through NCLive!
NCLIVE This link opens in a new window
Understanding Information Sources
Before starting your research, it's important to understand the types of information sources available. They include:
- Encyclopedias & Dictionaries - to get an overview and definitions for a topic,
- Books & E-Books - good for broad topics,
- Videos & Images - a picture can be worth 1000 words,
- Articles from newspapers, magazines and journals - covers events and the scholarly interpretation,
- Grey Literature - things not formally published
- Websites.- require careful evaluation of their quality.
If you come across materials you need for your research and the Library does not own it, you have the ability to use a service called Interlibrary Loan. Articles, books, musical scores, etc. not are not held in this library can be requested through our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service. These items will either be sent to you electronically through email (articles) or can be picked up at G.R. Little Library once you've been notified that they have arrived.
G.R. Little Library
Elizabeth City State University