Skip to Main Content
- Bartleby.com A comprehensive public reference library containing a searchable database of reference, verse, and classic literature.
- Electronic Text Collections in Western European Literature Literary texts in Western European languages other than English.(WESSweb - European Literature - Electronic Texts)
- Encyclopedia Mythica Mythology, folklore, magic, and definitions of gods and goddesses, supernatural beings and legendary creatures and monsters from all over the world.
- Perseus Digital Library A collection of more than 500 primary and secondary texts on the study of ancient Greece and Rome. Also includes images of vases, sculptures, buildings and other art and archaeological works.
- Ancient World Online Links to an Index of Ancient World online resources, viewable by title or by keyword. Also links to a list of open access journals in Ancient Studies and a list of Open Access Textbooks, OERs and primers.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy Online encyclopedia of philosophical concepts and philosophers written by leading scholars in the field. A dynamic reference work in which each entry is maintained and kept up to date by an expert or group of experts in the field.
- Archives of American Art Collection of primary source documentation on American visual arts.
- Cities and Buildings Database A collection of over 12,000 digitized images of buildings and cities drawn from across time and throughout the world.
Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) Brings together the riches of America's libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available to the world.
- Getty Research Institute Images Includes artists’ sketchbooks, drawings and watercolors, rare prints from the 16th through the 18th century, 19th-century architectural drawings of cultural landmarks, and early photographs of the Middle East and Asia. Available to the public for use without fees or restriction.
- IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library 96,380 works · 324,160 scores · 36,506 recordings · 12,986 composers · 338 performers
- Internet Movie Database A database of more than 120,000 movies. Includes biographical records (including complete filmographies) for close to 200,000 individuals involved in international film and television industries. The Glossary includes definitions of terms and phrases frequently used in the world of movies, film, acting, and cinema-going. The Box Office Summary lists the weekly summary of top-grossing US films and also includes a year-to-date archive of top-grossing US films and listings of top-grossing international films.
- Invaluable: The World's Premier Auctions (formerly Artfact) is the world’s largest online auction marketplace of fine and decorative arts, antiques, collectibles, and estate sales. Search and buy from over 160,000 auctions annually. Includes more than 57 million complete auction results, plus information on more than 500,000 international artists.
- Media History Digital Library Digitized public domain media periodicals and online access to the histories of cinema, broadcasting, and recorded sound. [1905-1973].
- Turner Classic Movies (AFI database) Database includes over 180,000 titles from 1890-1969.
- UbuWeb An online educational resource for avant-garde material. It includes texts and critical studies, visual, concrete and sound poetry, film and video art, sound art and music, and theatre and dance productions among other critical avant-garde material.
- Virtual Library of Musicology ViFaMusik, the central portal for music and musicology, allows you to access an extensive digital library containing the latest scholarly research and online resources. Using a single search engine you can find bibliographical data, full text data, and information about experts in musicology. ViFaMusik is “work in progress” and is continuously being extended.
G.R. Little Library
Elizabeth City State University